USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The THIMUN Foundation respects your privacy and considers that the proper handling of personal data is vitally important and is aware of the privacy legislation and complies with the European laws of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our websites (Foundation, The Hague, Singapore, Qatar, MINIMUN), MUNIS, and our conference webapp. The school is responsible for the careful handling of your and your student’s personal data.
Personal information submitted will not be transferred to any non-affiliated third parties unless otherwise stated at the time of collection. When a user submits personally identifiable information, it is used only for the purpose stated at the time of collection.
Registration for participating in one of our programmes, allows us to communicate with those interested in our Conference. Once the school is registered in our system it gives the THIMUN Foundation the consent to communicate via email by providing monthly newsletters, and information about upcoming conferences. If, at any time, you wish to be removed, please email us with this request.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Websites.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Websites.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from our Websites, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Websites.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates) or
- any third party (including our affiliates), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Websites.
Where consent for the use and disclosure of personal information is required, THIMUN Foundation will seek consent from the appropriate person. If the student has not yet reached the age of sixteen, his or her legal representative’s consent is required which falls within the responsibility of the school registering for THIMUN events. Therefore, students at the age of sixteen or older must give consent themselves. Consent may be withdrawn at any time.
By using our Websites, you represent that you are at least 16 years old and that you understand you must be at least 16 years old in order to create an account. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us.
When a school registers for participation in one or more of our conferences, we may ask you to provide information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or ANY OTHER INFORMATION THE WEBSITE COLLECTS THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION UNDER AN APPLICABLE LAW, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms provided on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to apply for a position for one of our conferences, registering for our events/conferences/workshops, posting material, or otherwise when you provide us with your personal information during your interaction with the site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence including email addresses, if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out, you may be required to provide financial information.
The Information we collect is given to us via the school registered and the responsible MUN-Director at the time of registration. In order to register you for our conferences, we collect the following personal information (this may vary for the different events):
- School Name and Contact Information
- MUN Director and Contact Information
- Email Address
- School Grade/Class
- Date of Birth
- Emergency contact Information during event
- Pictures of registered participants (For badges, Security during events).
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
THIMUN Foundation Board of Directors and Staff will have access to your information. If you register on third party platforms that THIMUN will be using, those entities will also have your submitted information. This includes Google and Zoom.
The MUN-Director can review and change your personal information by logging into our MUNIS website and by contacting us to update your personal information. THIMUN Foundation will not share your information without your prior, express approval.
The MUNIS website takes every precaution to protect our users’ personal information. Whenever users submit personal information (such as contact info) via online forms, registration, upon submission that information is encrypted via the highest level of SSL (Secured Sockets Layer) available. Servers that store personally identifiable information are in a secure environment.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of our Websites like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our Websites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Websites.